Recipe by Gatorbek
This is great on an Asian inspired salad - think Pei Wei, or PF Changs. I've included several substitutions which have worked for me as well, since I never seem to have ALL the ingredients on hand at the same time...
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (whatever you have) or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (whatever you have) or 2 tablespoons white vinegar (whatever you have)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced or 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (white onion will work, too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend at medium speed 3-4 seconds until celery is finely grated.
- This can be served immediately, but the flavors will blend better if refrigerated about an hour before serving.
- The fewer substitutions you have to make, the better, of course, but I've used each of these at one time or other, and still been happy with the results. Send me any other substitutions you've tried!