Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is great on an Asian inspired salad - think Pei Wei, or PF Changs. I've included several substitutions which have worked for me as well, since I never seem to have ALL the ingredients on hand at the same time...
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (whatever you have) or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (whatever you have) or 2 tablespoons white vinegar (whatever you have)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced or 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (white onion will work, too)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend at medium speed 3-4 seconds until celery is finely grated.
- This can be served immediately, but the flavors will blend better if refrigerated about an hour before serving.
- The fewer substitutions you have to make, the better, of course, but I've used each of these at one time or other, and still been happy with the results. Send me any other substitutions you've tried!
Love this recipe but made one change for my own taste! I added 2 tbs of honey to sweeten it up a bit and it was delicious!
Good dressing! I reversed the oil and vinegar ratios in this for our tastes. Next time I would also use less sesame oil, so that the other flavors could shine more.
The sesame oil should be reduced by half, and maybe even substituted for hoisin sauce. I didn't like it at all.