Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe at recipelink.com. It is one of our favorites!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages broccoli coleslaw mix
- 5 -10 green onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, reserve seasoning mix for dressing
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Mix broccoli, onions, and pepper together and chill.
- Saute broken up noodles, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and almonds in butter until almost brown.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Combine all ingredients shortly before serving.
A wonderful recipe! The dressing has a lot of sweet and tangy flavor. The broccoli "slaw" was different, but very flavorful and crunchy. I did have a few cashew nuts left from another recipe, and I threw them in the salad. I will probably omit the oregano next time I make it, but that is just my personal taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe. It will definately be used around here again. This would be a wonderful pot luck or picnic salad!