Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from my SIL Peg Kenaga. We were making this for one of our annual Clay campouts.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
Dressing (use seasoning pkt from ramen noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 -5 drops sesame oil
- Crunch up ramen noodles inside unopened bag.
- Put ramen noodles into frying pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- Put lettuce and green onions in large bowl.
- Mix up dressing ingredients and toss with lettuce mixture.
- Add ramen noodles just before serving.
I had this last weekend when judging a Forensics tournament and couldn't find the salad-maker for the recipe, so I searched this site and found this similar one. I did not use the seasoning packet. I added a little more sugar and about 4 more drops of sesame oil. I forgot to brown the noodles and they were fine. I also added some English cucumbers and halved grape tomatoes. Thanks so much for posting this.
Yum! The whole family enjoyed this recipe. I used Umeboshi plum vinegar and a oriental two minute noodles. My daughter enjoyed the crispy noodles and I liked the dressing. Hubby said it was very yummy. Served as a side dish with Citrus Glazed Salmon - Thanks so much for sharing your sister in laws recipe Lavender Lynn
My DS's didn't care for this. I used plain white vinegar, so it was quite tart to them. I prefer balsamic and was hoping to read a review on the type of vinegar used. Did use Oriental ramen noodle seasoning. Thank You