Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe for my husband's family a couple years ago. Whenever we have a potluck, I am asked to bring this recipe! My husband actually likes it better the next day!
- 1 (8 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 -3 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 2 -3 green onions, diced
- 1 -2 red pepper, diced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (uncooked, unseasoned and broken into pieces)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Mix broccoli slaw, chicken, onions and peppers in a large bowl. Top with ramen noodles and almonds.
- In a seperate bowl, mix sugar, olive oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Mix really well, as the sugar will thicken. I usually put it in a bowl with a tight fitting lid and shake it.
- Right before serving, pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
LOVED IT! I Used canola oil and rice wine vinegar and it was very good. Perfect for a potluck or afternoon picnic!