Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A friend that I used to teach with gave me this recipe. It is different, but very good.
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces beef-flavor ramen noodles or 6 ounces chicken-flavored ramen noodles or 6 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 bunch sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 lb sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Dressing (use 2 seasoning packets from 2 soups)
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Caramelize almonds by heating sugar and almonds on medium high.
- Stir and cook until almonds are sugar coated and turning brown.
- Crumble noodles and add to other ingredients.
- Pour dressing over all and mix well.
- Make at least 2 hours ahead.