Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very unique salad, in both looks and taste. Absolutely delicious and always a favourite at dinner parties.
- napa cabbage
- 2 green onions, sliced (if desired)
- 2 packages Mr. Noodle soup mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear lettuce into salad bowl.
- Add green onions.
- Break up noodles from soup mix into medium bowl.
- Add almonds, sesame seeds, and melted butter, mixing well.
- Arrange mixture on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to medium saucepan, heating just until a boil.
- Remove from heat, stirring frequently until cool.
- Before serving, arrange lettuce in salad bowl or on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle noodle mixture over lettuce.
- Pour cooled dressing over noodles and lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
I have used a very similar recipe that also adds about 3 cups of uncooked bean sprouts. Lightens it up in taste and texture!