Recipe by gailanng
This is not fried rice, but rather a spin on it. Goes well as a side with many dishes. Don't skip toasting the sesame seeds. It's fun to watch them pop, too.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add broth, rice, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir green onions, red pepper and sesame seeds into cooked rice; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.