Top Review by mums the word
This was tasty and quite quick to make. I reduced the soy sauce to 3 tbsp, the pepper to 1/4 tsp, and used 2 cloves garlic. I used a Dutch Oven to prepare this and it worked fine. Will make this again. Thanx!
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 onions or 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) canoriental vegetables, drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef or turkey. Drain fat if needed.
- Add water, soy sauce, onion, garlic, rice, pepper and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil. After a boil has been reached, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes. Uncover, stir and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add vegetables during last 5 minutes of cooking time.