This is a different Rice-a-Roni Salad. No olives or artichokes. You can use chopped chicken or turkey but seafood or crab is delicious. If you refrigerate overnight, the flavors really blend. So easy! Any time of the year to serve, just leave out the chopped radishes in the winter! I prefer using the crab.
- 141.74 g package chicken rice-a-roni
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced celery
- 6 red radishes, diced (optional)
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained, slivered
- 236.59-473.18 ml diced cooked shrimp (pollock) or 236.59-473.18 ml diced crabmeat (pollock)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise or 236.59 ml Miracle Whip
- 2.46 ml ground curry powder
- 4.92 ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 0.5 ml ground ginger
- Cook the Rice-a-Roni as per pkg directions. Cool.
- In large bowl add all of the sliced and diced vegetables including the water chestnuts. Mix. Add the seafood or the poultry.
- Mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- Note: You may use Miracle Whip if you wish.
- Add the cooled Rice-a-Roni to the salad. Mix. Then add the dressing.
- It is best if this dish is cooled overnight. The flavors really pop!
- Serve individually on lettuce leaves or in a large bowl.