Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a different Rice-a-Roni Salad. No olives or artichokes. You can use chopped chicken or turkey but seafood or crab is delicious. If you refrigerate overnight, the flavors really blend. So easy! Any time of the year to serve, just leave out the chopped radishes in the winter! I prefer using the crab.
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 red radishes, diced (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, slivered
- 1 -2 cup diced cooked shrimp (pollock) or 1 -2 cup diced crabmeat (pollock)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 dashes ground ginger
- Cook the Rice-a-Roni as per pkg directions. Cool.
- In large bowl add all of the sliced and diced vegetables including the water chestnuts. Mix. Add the seafood or the poultry.
- Mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- Note: You may use Miracle Whip if you wish.
- Add the cooled Rice-a-Roni to the salad. Mix. Then add the dressing.
- It is best if this dish is cooled overnight. The flavors really pop!
- Serve individually on lettuce leaves or in a large bowl.