1/1 Photo of Oriental Rice-A-Roni Curry Salad
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a different Rice-a-Roni Salad. No olives or artichokes. You can use chopped chicken or turkey but seafood or crab is delicious. If you refrigerate overnight, the flavors really blend. So easy! Any time of the year to serve, just leave out the chopped radishes in the winter! I prefer using the crab.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 red radishes, diced (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, slivered
- 1 -2 cup diced cooked shrimp (pollock) or 1 -2 cup diced crabmeat (pollock)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 dashes ground ginger
- 1Cook the Rice-a-Roni as per pkg directions. Cool.
- 2In large bowl add all of the sliced and diced vegetables including the water chestnuts. Mix. Add the seafood or the poultry.
- 3Mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- 4Note: You may use Miracle Whip if you wish.
- 5Add the cooled Rice-a-Roni to the salad. Mix. Then add the dressing.
- 6It is best if this dish is cooled overnight. The flavors really pop!
- 7Serve individually on lettuce leaves or in a large bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Rice-A-Roni Curry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 596.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: