Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These yummy ribs are first baked in the oven and then finished on the barbeque grill. The recipe makes quite a bit of sauce so I save the leftovers to use another time as it keeps well in the fridge.
- 4 lbs pork back ribs
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup honey
- Line the base and sides of a large roasting pan with a piece of foil large enough to wrap over and enclose the ribs completely.
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces and place in the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour the mixture over the ribs.
- Wrap the foil over the ribs, sealing the edges.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes or until the ribs are tender.
- Unwrap the ribs.
- Drain off and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved cooking liquid with the honey.
- Place the ribs on a oiled barbeque grill; grill over medium-high heat 20 minutes, turning often and basting with the honey mixture, until the ribs are golden brown and glazed.