Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Ingredients not listed in body of recipe, so... 1 pound rhubarb, finely chopped - 3 c. white sugar - 1/2 t. five spice powder - 1/4 c. chopped candied ginger - 1 dash hot pepper sauce - 3 T. lemon juice
Top Review by Vino Girl
I cooked my jam for about 50 minutes, and so it cooked down to yield only 3 half-pint jars. It seems softer than most jams I've made, but it probably doesn't matter since I am using this mainly as a sweet & sour type sauce for veggies (had this for lunch today and it was yummy when mixed with soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce!). This has a complex sweet/sour/spicy flavor that would work well with so many things. I look forward to using it on grilled shrimp and chicken, too. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb rhubarb, finely chopped
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, Chopped
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, five spice powder, ginger, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice; blend well.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, skim off foam and cook over medium heat, stirring frequenly, until mixture becomes transparent and thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars; seal.