Buckeye Karen's Note:
This recipe originally called for regular prepacked coleslaw, but I really like broccoli, so I adapted it. It also called for 2 packages of noodles (any flavor), but I wanted something more veggie-intensive. And, it used 3/4 cup of oil and real sugar each, which I found to be overpowering and too oily. You may use any flavor ramen noodle you like (though probably not creamy varieties). This makes a nice, light salad that is great for picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 16 ounces shredded broccoli (pre-packaged)
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (pre-packaged)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (or slivered almonds)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Dressing (noodle flavoring (from package of noodles)
- 1Toss vegetables, peanuts and sunflower seeds.
- 2Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until combined.
- 3Cook and drain the ramen noodles, then run under cold water to cool.
- 4Add noodles to salad mix, then add dressing. Toss all and allow to rest in the refrigerator for one hour or more. Flavor gets even better with time!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Ramen Broccoli Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g