Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe comes from my Aunt. Someone from their church had sent over this dish while I was in visiting my family. We all had a fit over it. Wanted to share and have for my own reference too. NOTE: Can use Splenda in place of sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Before opening noodles, crush into 1 inch pieces. Open packages and set aside flavor packets.
- Place noodles in bottom of large serving bowl. Top noodles with broccoli slaw, then sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, and flavor packets from noodles. Pour over slaw, cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Toss before serving.