Recipe by Nolita_Food
Great food for fall with freshly picked pumpkins.
Top Review by Manon Barwick
This is really good!! However I added chicken and I also used more chicken stock, then added cornflour to thicken it - so it was less like a stir-fry and more like a casserole? I also zapped the pumpkin in the microwave first otherwise I don't think it would soften! BUT VERY, VERY TASTY!!
- 750 g pumpkin
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices gingerroot, minced
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds, wash and cube.
- Heat oil in a large pan, stir fry garlic, ginger and green onions until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add pumpkin, sprinkle in sugar and sauté for about 8-10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add in chicken stock and fish sauce, bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- The pumpkin will be a little mushy at this point.
- Stir in preserve evenly, sprinkle with pepper and serve with jasmine rice (or just eat by itself).