Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really good and different soup.
- 1⁄2 lb meat, cut into thin strips
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 white potatoes, cut into matchsticks with the skin on
- 6 cups beef broth
- Put the vegetable oil in a soup pot.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add potatoes and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
This is a simple, easy to make soup. I used sirloin and less oil (2 tablespoons vegetable, and 1 tablespoon sesame). Very tasty, and diabetic friendly. Made for cookbooks tag.