1/1 Photo of Oriental Pork Wrappers
Carrie in Indiana's Note:
I watched this recipe being made on the Food Network on Semi Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee and knew I had to hunt down the recipe. Mmmm, one of my favorite dishes at a chinese buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package pork sausage
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 24 square wonton wrappers (usually in the supermarket vegetable section where your fresh garlic and ginger would be found)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1In a medium bowl, combine sausage, green onions, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and garlic.
- 2Place 8 wonton wrappers on a clean surface and brush edges with water.
- 3Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- 4Gather edges of wrapper together over filling.
- 5Press edges of wrappper together enclosing the filling completely.
- 6Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 7Place a collabsible metal steamer rack in a large wide pot.
- 8Fill pot with 1/2 inch of water.
- 9Spray steamer with non-stick cooking spray.
- 10Bring water to a simmer.
- 11Working in batches, arrange dumplings on rack 1" apart.
- 12Cover pot with lid and steam dumplings until cooked thoroughly, about 8 minutes.
- 13Watch the water level and add more as needed.
- 14Transfer dumplings to a platter and serve with dipping sauces.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Pork Wrappers
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 188.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g