Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a long-time friend's cookbook compilation.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Mix fist 6 ingredients for marinade. Marinate meat for 2 hours.
- Broil or grill 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Heat marinade to boil on stove. Add water and cornstarch mixture to thicken. Not all may be needed.
- When meat is done, let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with sauce and rice.
This was very moist, though I did make two mistakes. Instead of marinating this for 2 hrs. I marinated this overnight, the 2nd mistake made was that I didn't read the reviews! I would have used lower sodium soy sauce and increased the amt. of pineapple juice because we did find this saltier than we care for. Served this w/Homestyle Green Beans and Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
Just love pork tenderloin and this was an easy but flavored packed dish. I marinated my pork for 4 hours before cooking. Used my favorite technique of searing the tenderloin in a cast iron skillet then baking at very high heat for 14 minutes. At first I felt the sauce was too salty, even though I used low sodium soy sauce, but on the meat and the broccoli I made to accompany the dish it was just perfect.
Delicious!! This tenderloin was flavorful and tender, and the sauce was fantastic. I marinated the meat for about 3-1/2 hours and grilled it on the B-B-Q. My tenderloin was pretty thick, so I ended up grilling it for about 20+ mins. per side to get it done in the middle. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you Kymmarie!