- 1 lb chow mein meat (can use ground pork, chicken or turkey)
- 2 medium carrots, cut julienne
- 4 medium green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) canredy to serve chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chow mein meat in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown, drain.
- Mix meat and remaining ingredients except mushrooms and bean sprouts in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat 7-9 hours ( or high heat 3-4 hours).
- Stir in mushrooms and bean sprouts.
- Cover and cook on low hear about 1 hour or until mushrooms are tender.