I love this soup. It is my "Chicken soup" when I am not feeling well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chow mein meat (can use ground pork, chicken or turkey)
- 2 medium carrots, cut julienne
- 4 medium green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can redy to serve chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1Cook chow mein meat in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown, drain.
- 2Mix meat and remaining ingredients except mushrooms and bean sprouts in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat 7-9 hours ( or high heat 3-4 hours).
- 4Stir in mushrooms and bean sprouts.
- 5Cover and cook on low hear about 1 hour or until mushrooms are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: