Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pork chops are very tasty, especially if you like onions. I've made this for company and they've loved it.
- 4 -6 center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups onions
- Pound each pork chop till thin.
- In dish combine sugar,soy sauce and sherry.
- Dip each pork chop in mixture and then drege in flour.
- Don't discard liquid.
- In large skillet heat 1/2 of the oil& stir fry onions till tender,remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil& brown pork chops.
- Spoon onions over pork chops& also remaining soy sauce& sherry.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or till tender.
Quick, easy and tasty.My family voted this a keeper. I added ginger to the soy sauce and served over rice with broccoli.
This recipe was quick, easy and tasty. The onions were yummy. Next time,I will reduce the 1 cup of flour to about 1/3 - a whole cup was too much!
Excellent, didnt have time for the onions so i cooked the pork chops without the onions. I added a few drops of sesame seed oil, and, because we had none, i replaced the dry sherry with brandy; next time i'll add grated ginger to try Martha Pitts' suggestion.
I wasnt quite sure if you fry the chops or grill (is that the reason for the flour?); i just grilled them in the oven and hence did without the flour. The family loved them; my youngest son kept dipping (homemade) bread into the sauce.