Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really nice way to use pork. Very tasty.
Make and share this Oriental Pork & Chinese Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 4 cups loosely packed shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- Mix first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok until hot.
- Add pork; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add pepper and onion; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture, cabbage and water, tossing to combine.
- Cover; cook 1 minute.
- Uncover; stir in cornstarch mixture and add to wok.
- Stir-fry until slightly thickened and meat is done.
- Serve with rice.
Delicious! I also used chicken instead of pork (I was looking for a chicken recipe when I came across this one). I didn't use the green pepper though, but chose to add broccoli and increase the vegetables overall. In place of the water I used chicken broth, and to stir in with the cornstarch: a little rice wine. Then at the end I gave it a splash of sesame oil for that little extra touch. I was very pleased with this dish, and would definitely make it again.
Oh my, this was divine! Instead of pork I used 1 pound of skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes, not strips. It took about 8 minutes or so until the chicken was brown to my liking, but the rest of the dish went so fast, it was over before I had practically started! My only change (besides the chicken) was to add some hot pepper flakes, giving this a slight Sechuan flavor. This was so quick to make, it's easy to just whip it up if you have all the ingredients! Thanks for a great recipe, Debbie!
Very good & easy to make! I'll make this again for sure! Followed recipe to a "T" besides leaving out the green peppers, don't care for them to much. thanks for posting! =)