Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Old-fashioned supper favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 3 cups cooked rice, hot
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and black pepper.
- Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or over night.
- In a heavy skillet or wok, heat remaining oil. Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 1 minutes. Drain beef; reserve marinade.
- Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, until beef is browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove beef with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onions, green peppers and mushrooms to skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables a tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved marinade, beef broth and cornstarch.
- Return beef to skillet; add marinade mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add tomatoes; cover and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or rice.