Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yet another Pasta Salad!! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seed oil
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cilantro or 1 cup watercress, minced
- 1 can water chestnut
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- chicken, meat,seafood,tofu or any vegetables, may be added (optional)
- Boil noodles and toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare at least 4 hours ahead or overnight so that the flavors will blend.
- Do not omit chili oil- it gives the salad a kick!
- (I like to add Chinese bar b q'd pork, red pepper and snow peas to this salad.).
We certainly enjoyed this salad. I added chicken and brocolli and it made a nice one-dish meal. I quartered the water chestnuts just because we like them in smaller pieces. Wonderful dish, Chicagopm...one I will make over and over again.