Recipe by diner524
With a wonderful combination of colors and flavors, this pasta salad goes great with barbecued chicken or pork. I found this recipe in a magazine, I think TOH, but not sure. Not yet tried by me but here for safe keeping because it sounds good and a little different. Time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Susie D
I spotted this during recipe gathering for ZWT and it appealed to me. I made it for Sunday brunch to serve with a quiche and fresh fruit salad. I thought it had a colorful presentation which is always a plus for me. I used preshredded carrots and sprinkled the top with black sesame seeds. The dressing was made as directed and made enough to leave the macaroni well coated. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas, halved (could sub regular peas)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the carrots, peas, onions and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.