Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Get them to eat their greens!
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Remove stems and wash the spinach.
- Place spinach in a large saucepot.
- Cook, covered over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until leaves are just wilted, drain well.
- In same saucepot, combine chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar, bring to a boil.
- Stir in spinach and orange pieces and heat.
- Serve in individual bowls; sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with additional soy sauce.
I always love a new way to eat spinach and here's a good one! It's amazing how it soaks up the orange flavor in the short time they heat together. Thanks for sharing your low fat recipe!