Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Texture and taste means so much to the visually impaired and visual appeal to the sighted. I have tried to accomplish all with this recipe. No almonds, onions or bok choy or napa cabbage--just green cabbage. Enjoy!
- 2 (170.09 g) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 354.88 ml unsalted Spanish peanuts, whole, with skins
- 2.46 ml salt or 2.46 ml salt substitute
- 59.14 ml margarine
- 709.77 ml green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 709.77 ml fresh spinach, stemmed, chopped
- 5-6 red radishes, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced, save leaves for garnish
- 177.44 ml evaporated milk
- 158.51 ml white vinegar
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml brown sugar or 29.58 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 9.85 ml kikomen soy sauce
- 2.46 ml kraft creamy horseradish sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan melt margarine. Coarsely crush the ramen noodles in the package before opening. (Save the flavor packets).
- Add the crushed noodles to the melted butter. Add the peanuts and sprinkle the salt and stir until lightly to dark brown.
- Do not burn. Set aside.
- Throw the shredded cabbage and spinach in large serving plates or bowl. Add radishes and celery. Lightly toss.
- In blender add milk, vinegar, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, seasoning packets and horseradish sauce if desired. Pulse a few times.
- Spoon the peanut and noodles on the spinach/cabbage mixture and mix or leave on the top.
- Drizzle or spoon the dressing on top.
- Note: I wash all my fresh veges with ice cold water and a dab of bleach. Let them set for a few minutes. Drain the water, rinse the veges and put loose ones in a salad spinner. I have done this since 1963 when we were in another country and I have never stopped. It is safe.