1/1 Photo of Oriental Noodle Salad With Peanuts, Spinach & Cabbage
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Texture and taste means so much to the visually impaired and visual appeal to the sighted. I have tried to accomplish all with this recipe. No almonds, onions or bok choy or napa cabbage--just green cabbage. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted Spanish peanuts, whole, with skins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 cups green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 3 cups fresh spinach, stemmed, chopped
- 5 -6 red radishes, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, save leaves for garnish
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons kikomen soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kraft creamy horseradish sauce (optional)
- 1In large frying pan melt margarine. Coarsely crush the ramen noodles in the package before opening. (Save the flavor packets).
- 2Add the crushed noodles to the melted butter. Add the peanuts and sprinkle the salt and stir until lightly to dark brown.
- 3Do not burn. Set aside.
- 4Throw the shredded cabbage and spinach in large serving plates or bowl. Add radishes and celery. Lightly toss.
- 5In blender add milk, vinegar, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, seasoning packets and horseradish sauce if desired. Pulse a few times.
- 6Spoon the peanut and noodles on the spinach/cabbage mixture and mix or leave on the top.
- 7Drizzle or spoon the dressing on top.
- 8Note: I wash all my fresh veges with ice cold water and a dab of bleach. Let them set for a few minutes. Drain the water, rinse the veges and put loose ones in a salad spinner. I have done this since 1963 when we were in another country and I have never stopped. It is safe.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Noodle Salad With Peanuts, Spinach & Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.8
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 1059.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g