Lois M's Note:
I tried this at a concert on a boat in Toronto Harbour last summer, watching the "Carpetfrogs" perform, then I had to try a get a recipe, I basically combined ideas from several recipes that I found on the web, and I think this is pretty close, I have taken it to several functions and it is always a hit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces no yolk noodles (large or your preference)
- 3 large carrots
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas or 6 ounces snow peas
- 1 English cucumber
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cook noodles, drain, and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce with vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, lime zest& juice.
- 4Stir in ginger well, it sometimes has a tendency to clump.
- 5Pour over still warm noodles, and toss.
- 6Blanch the peas & cut into one inch diagonal lengths.
- 7Julienne the carrots and cucumber, (cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and spoon out the seeds first).
- 8Cut the green onions into one inch diagonal lengths.
- 9Stir together with the still warm noodles, it can be refrigerated at this point, and kept for a day or two.
- 10When ready to serve, add coriander or parsley, top with chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 469.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no yolk noodles
rice wine vinegar
limes, zest of