Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this at a concert on a boat in Toronto Harbour last summer, watching the "Carpetfrogs" perform, then I had to try a get a recipe, I basically combined ideas from several recipes that I found on the web, and I think this is pretty close, I have taken it to several functions and it is always a hit
- 8 ounces no yolk noodles (large or your preference)
- 3 large carrots
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas or 6 ounces snow peas
- 1 English cucumber
- 6 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup freshly chopped coriander leaves or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts (really good) (optional)
- Cook noodles, drain, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce with vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, lime zest& juice.
- Stir in ginger well, it sometimes has a tendency to clump.
- Pour over still warm noodles, and toss.
- Blanch the peas & cut into one inch diagonal lengths.
- Julienne the carrots and cucumber, (cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and spoon out the seeds first).
- Cut the green onions into one inch diagonal lengths.
- Stir together with the still warm noodles, it can be refrigerated at this point, and kept for a day or two.
- When ready to serve, add coriander or parsley, top with chopped nuts.
Yum! This salad was very good. Children loved it, although I will cut chili down a little as it was a little too spicy for them.
Absolutely delicious! Salad was delicious and so easy, even though I forgot the garnishes. Thanks for sharing this keeper salad!