Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister in law, Cassie, made this as a side dish, and it was so good that I wanted to share it!
- 1 lb packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Sauce (use seasoning packet from ramen noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Brown noodles, nuts and seeds in butter until lightly brown. This is.
- the crunchy mixture. Do not overcook!
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set a side.
- In a large bowl mix together the cole slaw and sauce.
- Then mix in the crunchy mixture.
Great, One of my favorite not only summer time recipes!
This was definitely different! The vinegar in the sauce broke down the cabbage quite a bit and made it very limp, so I wouldn't add it until the right before serving and I'd eat fast! The crunch mix had a very nice flavor. I used lime shrimp flavor Ramen noodles and Splenda instead of sugar with great results. The kids loooved it! Thanks for posting!