Recipe by * Pamela *
A yummy variation on traditional meatloaf. I have also made this mixture into meatballs as well.
Top Review by MapleLeafLili Hill
I'm giving these a 5 for concept and ease. I have some suggestions for people trying this recipe though... We found these mini-loaves a lil' too salty. I reccommend using lite or low-sodium soya sauce in the meatloaves. I used milk instead of evaporated milk and it comes out fine. Beef substitutes well for the ground turkey/chicken. The crunch of the water chestnuts had to be explained to those at the table (otherwise they didn't know /WHAT/ the crunchy thing was that they were biting into.) The sauce for the loaves was lovely and has possibilities for use in other dishes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oxo low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Meatloaves-Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix lightly but throughly to blend.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- (You can freeze the loaves at this point. Place into a large ziploc bag, label and freeze. To serve: heat in oven or microwave until warm, serve with sauce.).
- Or Remove from pan and serve with honey garlic sauce immediately.
- Sauce-Combine ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook and stir on low heat until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with rice or Oriental noodles.