A yummy variation on traditional meatloaf. I have also made this mixture into meatballs as well.
Make and share this Oriental Mini Meatloaves With Honey Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oxo low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- Meatloaves-Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix lightly but throughly to blend.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- (You can freeze the loaves at this point. Place into a large ziploc bag, label and freeze. To serve: heat in oven or microwave until warm, serve with sauce.).
- Or Remove from pan and serve with honey garlic sauce immediately.
- Sauce-Combine ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook and stir on low heat until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with rice or Oriental noodles.
I'm giving these a 5 for concept and ease. I have some suggestions for people trying this recipe though... We found these mini-loaves a lil' too salty. I reccommend using lite or low-sodium soya sauce in the meatloaves. I used milk instead of evaporated milk and it comes out fine. Beef substitutes well for the ground turkey/chicken. The crunch of the water chestnuts had to be explained to those at the table (otherwise they didn't know /WHAT/ the crunchy thing was that they were biting into.) The sauce for the loaves was lovely and has possibilities for use in other dishes.
God bless you for posting a chicken dish that Ron actually ate & wanted 2 nights in a row !! Adorable-looking little baby meatloafs -- came out brown & toasty. Easy & fast preparation. Sauce to die for. Might add a bit of black pepper to the chicken mixture next time. Bless you.
I was looking thru Zaar for a quick and easy dinner to make with ground turkey and came upon this wonderful recipe. I didn't have water chestnuts or evaporated milk, so I eliminated them. I also used regular onion instead of green onions. These were filling and satisfying and will be making these again! Thank you for this great recipe!