1/2 Photos of Oriental Minced Pork in Lettuce Leaves
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very tasty, quick and easy recipe to throw together. I serve it in iceberg lettuce leaves as a great low carb meal, but if prefer carbs it is great served with noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350 g pork mince
- 300 g veal mince
- 50 ml soy sauce (low sodium works best with this but regular is fine)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1Heat oil in a pan or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic until onion is soft, add both minces and stir-fry until cooked through.
- 2Add capsicum and sauces, reduce to a simmer, cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 Min’s.
- 3Add sprouts and cook until they soften slightly but are still crunchy, stir in green onions and seeds.
- 4Divide lettuce leaves among plates and spoon pork mixture into leaves.
- 5Tip: After removing outer dead leaves, cut the end off lettuce and hold under cold running water, the leaves will fall off one by one, intact.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Minced Pork in Lettuce Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 1732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 35.7 g