Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to get my hair done at my hairdresser's house. One day she was cooking this soup and it gave the air a delicious aroma. She has since moved away but I still make this soup and it always gets raves!
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork or 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1 (7 ounce) can baby corn
- Combine pork (or turkey), green onions, ginger, soy sauce and shape into meatballs.
- Heat in oil 5 7 minutes until browned.
- In a large pot boil the water& chicken broth.
- Add the meatballs, frozen vegetables and the ramen noodles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the baby corn and cook for 2 3 minutes.
This oriental soup is tasty & so easy to make. I used grd pork for the meatballs & a collection of veggies indluding mixed leftovers, canned mushrooms & baby corn + snow peas from my freezer. It was a good cleanup effort that will include adding the last bit of some fried rice tomorrow. This soup makes an excellent 1-dish meal & would satisfy even the most dedicated meat & potatoes man. This will be repeated w/just the addition of some garlic. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. Edited to Add: Since making this recipe w/meatballs as written, I have also tried it w/baby shrimp & it is equally good. :-)