Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Asian flavored meat pie. It didn't sound that good to me either but for only 3 points a bundle there is a lot of satisfaction to be had in these! I also use this to make typical egg rolls without chopping finely in the food processor. And adding more mung bean sprouts to taste, but this really ups the point value when you deep fry the eggroll.
- 2 cups cabbage (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion top (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 4 ounces lean ground chicken (Really well browned. Burger is ok too)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 buttermilk biscuits (refrigerated is fine)
- Food process 1st four till finely chopped.
- Add veggie mixture to browned meat.
- Add egg.
- Cook till cabbage is soft.
- Drain in colander.
- Flatten each biscuit between wax paper until about 6 inches round.
- Add 1/3 cup filling.
- Fold dough over filling envelope style.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet. Spray it if you have to.
- Bake till golden about 12-15 min at 450°F.
Sorry 'bout the low opinion of this recipe. My family just couldn't get into eating egg-roll type filling stuffed inside a fluffy biscuit crust. I really wanted to like these because of the whole "ww points thing". We are all fairly unfussy and these just didn't go over with anyone, ended up throwing out the whole batch. =(
I thought the recipe for the filling was wonderful. I just didn't care for all the bread around it. I would absolutely use this recipe again, however, I would just put it in an eggroll. I must say that it was a huge surprise that even the kids ate this one up, so thanks sooo much for that!!
Super yummy! I think next time I might make them with crescent rolls only because I prefer less breading. I bet these would be good in eggroll wrappers too. My only "hmmm" is the amount of ginger. It was a lot, still very good, but I'd probably cut back on the ginger a little next time and add a little garlic (we add garlic to everything except cake around here though!) Good recipe!