Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a barbecue cookbook years ago. I used it to marinate chicken wings, to rave reviews. Could also be used on pork, meat or fish
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce (I substitute honey)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Marinate for at least 1 hour before cooking. This is sufficient marinade for 1kg (2 lb) meat.
Very good marinade. I used this for shrimp, which I sauteed. I also used plum sauce, olive oil (w/o the sesame oil), 1/2 T ground coriander, and didn't add a chili pepper. I'll definitely try this again with other meats. Yum.
made this on chicken wings. very yummy. Made it for my mother for mothers day dinner. She loved it. Made for RECIPE SWAP #16 - May 2008
Wow yum, tasty marinade! The quantities are just right. I didn't have plum sauce but used plum jam heated in the microwave until it was runny. I used it on seafood skewers and they were really yum! Thanks!