Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The latest trend in Chinese Cooking. You can use iceberg or Romaine lettuce.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 12 medium mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1 small zucchini, chopped fine
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hot chili sauce
- Wash the lettuce, dry, and separate the leaves. Set aside.
- To make sauce, mix together soy sauce,oyster sauce and sherry; set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onions fry until the garlic and ginger are aromatic.
- Add meat, stir-fry until meat crumbles and no longer pink (5 minutes).
- Add carrot, zucchini, mushrooms,rice and sauce ingredients; stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch & water and add to the sauce, stirring to thicken.
- Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon a heaping teaspoon of the chicken and vegetable/sauce mixture into the middle.
- The lettuce wraps are designed to be eaten "taco-style," with the lettuce/chicken mixture folded into a package.
- Continue with the remainder of the chicken and lettuce leaves. Serve with the dipping sauces on the side.
- Hoisin sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Hot chilli sauce.
My family and I liked this alot. We didn't have zuchinni, but I can't wait to try it in the mix next time.
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This is a delicious and healthy lettuce wrap. We loved the veggies and nice dipping sauces. Also, quick to put together, great weeknight family meal.