Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An other one from my 'old' files. Easy and tasty.
- 4 lamb steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced in strips)
- 1 green pepper (sliced in strips)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix ginger, sugar, garlic salt, soya sauce and sherry in a shallow dish.
- Place lamb steaks in dish and marinate for 1 hour if possible. Turning to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in pan over moderate heat and saute the onions for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, cover pan and continue cooking slowly for 10 minutes.
- In a second pan heat a thin film of oil.
- Remove lamb from marinade (keep marinade) and pat dry.
- Cook over moderate heat, about 5 mins each side. Remove and keep warm while finishing sauce.
- Add flour to vegetables, then mix in water and stock powder with remaining marinade.
- Stir until boiling, then cover and simmer for 5mins.
- Serve sauce over the steaks.