Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my sisters recipes that we all enjoy. The sauce is great. Prep time does not include letting it stand overnight. Estimated serving sizes.
- Combine everything except chicken wings in a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken wings coating each wing well. (I use a zip lock bag to store in the frig and turn it frequently).
- Let stand in the frig overnight.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Place chicken wings on an aluminum foil lined baking dish with sauce and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes turning often, brushing with sauce.
- The sauce will caramelize. It is best when using only the drum stick of the wing.
- (If you prefer, use half of the sauce to marinade the chicken reserving half for basting. I've used both methods and it works well).