Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is one of my sisters recipes that we all enjoy. The sauce is great. Prep time does not include letting it stand overnight. Estimated serving sizes.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Nimzie ~~ these are fabulous!! I used them for a party of teens hanging out at my house and they were devoured. I love how the coating really bakes nicely onto the wings and drummettes. I had 5 lbs of chicken and the sauce did a good job coating them all. I love the flavor of these and they have already been requested at my son's birthday this weekend. :) Thanks for sharing in the Went to the Market tag game.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except chicken wings in a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken wings coating each wing well. (I use a zip lock bag to store in the frig and turn it frequently).
- Let stand in the frig overnight.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Place chicken wings on an aluminum foil lined baking dish with sauce and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes turning often, brushing with sauce.
- The sauce will caramelize. It is best when using only the drum stick of the wing.
- (If you prefer, use half of the sauce to marinade the chicken reserving half for basting. I've used both methods and it works well).