Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a 1968 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green pepper rings
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted
- Shape ground beef into 2 patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan; blend in pineapple syrup, wine vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir till mixture comes to boiling.
- Add 2 pineapple slices; top each with green pepper ring.
- Cover and heat through.
- Place broiled beef patties on buns; top with pineapple and green pepper.
- Spoon a little sauce over.
- Trim plate with remaining pineapple slices.