Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is a similar recipe posted on here but I thought I would post my variation of this awesome main dish meal!! This has been in my family for years and is my daughter's favorite birthday meal! Serve with warm biscuits
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- Brown hamburger, onion and celery together - drain well.
- Mix all ingredients in ungreased 8x11 cake pan or casserole pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
We left it in for an extra 20 minutes, but the rice still wasn't completely cooked. Could be the altitude in Colorado or the fact that we put it in a 9 x 13 pan. Sure tasted like growing up in Minnesota, though.
Great easy meal. I added diced bell pepper, and seasoned with ground black pepper. I also put a few dashes of hot sauce in it, and put oriental noodles on top for crunch.
My entire family of eight loved this meal! And there was enough to fed everyone! I will be making this again.