Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have yet to try this, but based on the ingredients, I know I'm going to like it! (What can I say, I grew up with hot dishes and casseroles!) I think I'd actually top the dish with the chow mein noodles and then bake it. I like them better that way!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- Brown ground beef and one chopped onion in deep casserole dish- Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients- Mix together.
- Cover and heat in oven at 300 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with chow mein noodles.
really good and easy. The only thing that I did differently was cook the rice ahead of time. Also I cut the celery up real small. Otherwise it ends up being very crunchy.