2 hrs 30 mins
This is from the Weekend magazine's FOOD column titled "Pure and simple" (Jan 30'04 issue). Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g filet of beef, trimmed
For the marinade
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml oyster sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and crushed
- 15 g fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 red chilies, split,de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 20 ml sesame oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled,split lengthways and de-seeded
- 40 g mixed herbs (chervil, tarragon, chives and flat leaf parsley)
- 250 g salad leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 20 g bean sprouts
For the dressing
- 1Pre heat oven to 180C.
- 2Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together.
- 3Roll the trimmed beef in it.
- 4Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- 5Turn it over every 15 minutes.
- 6Slice the cucumber very thinly.
- 7Split the cherry tomatoes in half.
- 8Remove the beef from the marinade.
- 9Wipe all the ingredients off the beef.
- 10Heat a grill pan.
- 11Add a tbsp.
- 12of vegetable oil.
- 13Grill the beef on all sides.
- 14Roast in it your oven as you desire.
- 15Take a bowl and in it mix all the ingredients, except the avocado, together for the salad.
- 16Add the dressing.
- 17Mix well.
- 18Allow the beef to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 19Mix the salad and dressing together and season.
- 20Arrange the salad on to the plate.
- 21Slice the avocado lengthwise.
- 22Lay some pieces on to the salad.
- 23Arrange the warm beef next to it.
- 24Serve and enjoy!
- 25COOKING TIP: Sealing meat in a very hot grill pan prior to roasting will make sure it remains juicy.
- 26Always use your fingers or a palette knife or tongs to turn the meat.
- 27Never use a fork as it will pierce the meat and result in leaking out of its juices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Grilled Beef, Cucumber, Soy and Soft Herb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.7
- Calories from Fat 656
- Total Fat 72.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1617.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef