Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 5 years ago. She used to bring this for potlucks at work. She shared this recipe with me because I just adore this salad!
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, including the seasoning packet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- Crumble the ramen noodles.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium high heat until melted.
- Add the crumbled ramen noodles and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoning packet and mix well.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Mix cabbage and green onions together in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in small bowl.
- Pour dressing in the salad 15 minutes before serving.
- Add the sesame seeds, slivered almonds and crumbled noodles right before serving.
Thank you for posting this! We LOVE this salad and I lost my copy! This is great, I like to that you have a nice simple version with very little fancy things to be purchased!
I use Baslamic Vinegar and three packets of artificial sweetner. Try it you'll like it.