This is a fantastic stir-fry dish with lots of wonderful garlic flavor! You can play around with the veggie part...I've added broccoli instead of the zucchini, sometimes throw in some bamboo chutes, baby corn...just go with whatever catches your eye (and your tastebuds!). No matter which way you do it, this is a fantastic restaurant-quality dish that you will want to make again and again!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 -10 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lenghtwise,and cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, minced or 2 -3 tablespoons instant minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water, chestuts
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice or 2 cups white rice
- 1In bowl, stir together water, soy sauce, white wine, cornstarch, and seasonings.
- 2Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and add to marinade, stirring to coat.
- 3Let stand at room temp.
- 4for 30 minutes.
- 5Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- 6Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil.
- 7Stir-fry green onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes, until tender; remove from skillet.
- 8Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 9Push chicken from the center to the sides of skillet or wok.
- 10Stir marinade, and add to center of skillet.
- 11Cook and stir until thick and boiling.
- 12Add onion mixture and water chestnuts.
- 13Cook and stir 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
- 14Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Garlic Chicken with Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 594.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.6 g