Recipe by Manda
This is a fantastic stir-fry dish with lots of wonderful garlic flavor! You can play around with the veggie part...I've added broccoli instead of the zucchini, sometimes throw in some bamboo chutes, baby corn...just go with whatever catches your eye (and your tastebuds!). No matter which way you do it, this is a fantastic restaurant-quality dish that you will want to make again and again!!
Top Review by karen in tbay
Belated ranking from Sept/02 - must have been great - has lotsa stars! Means it might get tried again not an easy task in our household just because I move onto other great recipes to try.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 -10 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lenghtwise,and cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, minced or 2 -3 tablespoons instant minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced water, chestuts
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice or 2 cups white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, stir together water, soy sauce, white wine, cornstarch, and seasonings.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and add to marinade, stirring to coat.
- Let stand at room temp.
- for 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil.
- Stir-fry green onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes, until tender; remove from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Push chicken from the center to the sides of skillet or wok.
- Stir marinade, and add to center of skillet.
- Cook and stir until thick and boiling.
- Add onion mixture and water chestnuts.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.