Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple Meals at yahoogroups.com
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked MINUTE rice, chilled
- 8 ounces peas, drained
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or wok. Add egg; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until set. Remove egg from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil to same skillet; heat 30 seconds. Add almonds, green onions and garlic; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoon of oil in same skillet. Add rice; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Return egg and almond mixture to skillet. Add peas, water chestnuts, pimientos, soy sauce and sugar; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.