The original of this comes from the back of a packet of Chang’s original fried noodles. I make the same dressing, but like a few extra salad ingredients. Original dressing contains olive oil-I find it too heavy and prefer to use canola. Make the dressing ahead of time to allow it to cool. Only add the noodles THE MOMENT you are about to eat or pass them around seperately if there is a chance of left-overs.
- 1⁄2 Chinese cabbage, shredded finely
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 100 g slivered almonds or 100 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely sliced radish
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green chili, finely sliced
- 1 (100 g) packet fried Chinese noodles (I use Chang's original)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a saucepan; stir well until the sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Toss all salad ingredients (except the noodles) together in a bowl; add dressing and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the noodles and toss thoroughly again.