Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great flavor! I have served this at many barbecues to rave reviews. The recipe comes from the Junior League cookbook, America Discovers Columbus. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil, may substitute another oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 -3 green onions, and tops thinly sliced
- 2 -3 lbs flank steaks, lightly scored
- Combine all ingredients except flank steak. Pour mixture over meat and marinate not more than 8 hours.
- Grill steak over coals to desired doneness.
- Slice thinly on the diagonal.
This recipe was a staple of our family dinners when I was growing up. The marinade has such a great flavor. Highly recommend it!
Quite a yummy marinaide, made just as recipe was posted. My DH said that it was "ok" but I really liked the flavor. Will be using again, Thanks!!
I love using marinades to add variety to our meals. This is an excellent recipe. It is super easy to make, adds a boost of flavor, and makes for tender delicious steak. This is perfect for grilling, both indoors and for those outdoor cookouts. Thank you for sharing.