Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely summer dalad--ideal for entertaining.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm fish fillets (I used Kingclip a local meaty white fish, so use any meaty fish of your choice)
- 1 large cucumber, cut lengthways into 1 inch sticks
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 large mangoes, peeled and sliced or 1 (425 g) can mangoes, drained
- 2 -4 red chilies or 2 -4 green chilies, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place the fish on to a greased baking tray and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Set aside to cool, then slice into thick strips.
- Cut the cucumber Use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel thin slices from the cucumber sticks.
- Toss the cucumber slices, celery, spring onions, peppers and mango slices together in a large salad bowl.
- Add the cooled fish strips.
- Mix the chillies, lemon juice, oil, sugar and fish or soy sauce together until well combined.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine.